Biloxi Marsh Lands Corporation, founded in 1936, owns approximately 90,000 acres of marsh lands located in St. Bernard Parish, LA. As the mineral owner, it derives mineral royalty revenues from the Company’s land. The Company also derives minimal revenues from surface rentals. In addition, the Company currently leases a portion of its surface for hunting and fishing.
During the late 19th and the early 20th centuries Biloxi Marsh Lands Corporation’s (“Biloxi”), predecessor in title, St. Bernard Syndicate, acquired marsh land acreage in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana. Today, Biloxi incorporated in 1936, has title to an acreage position of roughly 90,000 acres of surface, subsurface and minerals in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana.
Biloxi’s property composes the majority of the Biloxi Marsh Complex Peninsula about 35 miles southeast of the City of New Orleans which is a major land mass that protects the City and Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain from storm surge during tropical storm events. View the Lines of Defense Map.
Biloxi has been active in the coastal restoration arena predating the formation of Louisiana’s Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (CPRA). We have sponsored restoration plans, studies, peer reviewed papers which have been published in scientific journals. Click here for more information about our coastal restoration efforts.